to coordinate with the Rust Colored Jeans of yesterday.
I used a rayon knit and PP104 or at least I think I did. When looking at the side view, I think I might have used a different pattern.
PP104 has a built-in dart. It’s kind of added to the front side seam and generally works well. Also the front seldom rides up…
but “Velcro Butt” is a recurring problem with few solutions that apply to clingy knits.
I have no idea where I got the embroidery. I liked it because it coordinated with the roses I put on the jeans and because it is light weight. The outline or redwork embroidery style makes a substantial statement without weighing down or distorting the fabric. Don’t misunderstand, I still love those heavy Renaissance type embellishments. But every now and then, a simpler form is welcome.
Changes to the pattern were scoop neck, 1/4″ shoulder pads and 3/4, cuffed sleeves. Once you have a good pattern, it takes minimal changes to create something that looks entirely different.
Note: Hopefully, I have managed to control the size of the pic and still allow clicks to expand. I won’t know for sure, unless you tell me about the problems.