M5359 Update

Several weeks ago, I fitted the tank top of M5359
Photobucket
I started with M6077 which even after 4 tries, I was not really satisfied. But M5359 took only 1 wearable muslin before creating the perfect tank top.
I didn’t share the wearable muslin because it had an issue and I was too excited about the perfect 2nd version of M5359. Since that time I’ve worn and fixed the wearable muslin
Photobucket
The issue was insufficient ease across the hips. I’m not sure why, but I was serging at the edge of the SA and couldn’t let out the sides. I altered the pattern for Ver2, but what to do about Ver1? I added side vents.

Photobucket
I unserged the side seams about 4″ from the hem. Also removed the hem from about 1″ on either side of the seam. then I carefully folded the sides to form a hem around the vent, and stitched those into place. Last, using the belt loop stitch on my Ruby (A2-35) I basted across the seam at the vent top and then twice more just above. I used the width of the bar of the pressor foot to measure evenly between rows of stitching.

Now this is kind of a cute top in it’s white bindings and white and sherbet orange striping. But it looked a bit plain to me. I chose an embroidery from a now defunct company, changed the colors so that I had a split complementary color scheme orange,yellow-green,purple. I hooped the garment by turning it inside out and positioning it on the hoop (on top of the already hooped stabiliser). I loved this company’s designs because they were obviously digitized by an expert. The stitching is continuous. I trimmed jumps only between colors and between the individual flowers. Finally I added 3mm orange crystals. Got to say, this is really pretty
Photobucket

That completes my sewing for July. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve quit giving a monthly summary. I’m no longer interested in counting the number of projects I’ve completed. I am interested in problem solving when it comes to fit and color. I love to dabble with new technique and products. It is no longer something that I need to “force” myself into doing. I automatically look for new ideas. I’ve left several at the stores.  I’m also leaving more fabric at the stores which means that I’m seeing the fabric stacks at home shrinking.  I was refolding fabric last night hoping I could move that last stack in the other room back where it belongs. Not yet. Not quite there yet. But I think I will have that goal finished by the year end review.

Advertisements